No matter how perfect an AC power source, distortion is added within any AC cable, especially within a stranded cable. Even the most sophisticated filters and power supplies cannot eliminate this cable-induced distortion.
- SEMI-SOLID CONCENTRIC PACKED CONDUCTORS
- Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductors are used in some of AudioQuest's AC power and speaker cables as a cost-effective, flexible alternative to typical stranded conductors. Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductors use fewer, larger strands that do not change position down the length of the cable. While solid conductors are the complete solution to strand distortion, Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductors avoid many of the distortion mechanisms of stranded conductors.
- LONG-GRAIN COPPER (LGC)
- LGC allows a smoother and clearer sound than cables using regular OFHC (Oxygen-Free High-Conductivity) copper. OFHC is a general metal industry specification regarding "loss" without any concern for distortion. LGC has fewer oxides within the conducting material, less impurities, less grain boundaries, and definitively better performance. NRG-X3 cables use LGC strands in a Semi-Solid Concentric Packed Conductor arrangement.
- HELICAL-ARRAY GEOMETRY
- The relationship between conductors defines a cable's most basic electrical values (including capacitance and inductance). However, even when those variables are kept in a reasonable balance, the relationship between conductors can be varied in ways that greatly effect performance. Helical-Array (such as circular-spiral) construction allows for significantly better dynamic contrast and clarity than if the same conductors were run in parallel or as multiple twisted pairs.
- COLD-WELD SYSTEM
- This novel plug design enables a perfect heat-free connection between cable and plug. The connection between the plug and conductors is made using AQ's Cold-Weld System, which provides a superior connection that ensures that the structural integrity of the conductor is kept completely intact. The Cold-Weld System refers to a combination of high pressure at the point of contact and the use of copper- or silver-impregnated paste.