The 100x5R: Setting a new standard for multi-channel amplification
The 100x5R is a remote controlled, multi-room capable, powerful, high-performance five-channel power amplifier with an output of outstanding clarity and purity. It has been designed from the outset as the perfect amplification partner to our audio-visual processor AV32R and our dvd player DVD32R, delivering the drama and excitement of home cinema without compromising its truly audiophile sound quality. It is suitable both for the most demanding home cinema and two channel stereo set-ups.
The 100x5R consists of up to five identical modules contained in a single compact enclosure. Each channel is a complete, self-contained power amplifier module - a true monobloc. Audiophiles have long known that for the ultimate in reproduction it is necessary to have so-called "monobloc" power amplifiers - independent amplifiers for each channel in a system. The independence of monobloc amplifiers is their great strength - none of the channels is affected by what is happening on any of the others - allowing movies and music alike to be reproduced with their true impact. In conventional stereo or multi-channel amplifiers the channels share a single transformer and often a single power supply. Much can be achieved with such amplifiers, but sadly they simply cannot match their monobloc brethren. The space and cost penalties of having five separate monobloc amplifiers in five separate boxes are, for many enthusiasts, outweighed by the improvements in the listening experience. Now, the quality the enthusiasts crave can be obtained without the penalties, thanks to the 100x5R.
TAG McLaren Audio's new 100x5R amplifier provides five true monobloc amplifier modules in a single chassis. Each power amplifier module contains its own mains transformer, bridge rectifier and energy storage capacitors, so it can drive each loudspeaker totally independently of any of the other four modules. This means that if a movie soundtrack places heavy power demands on your main front speakers, the other speakers in your full surround set-up will not suffer. The result is uncompromised sound quality, stylishly packaged.
- Upgradeable, flexible and future-proof with up to 5 entirely separate amplifier modules
- TAGtronic Communications Bus - for use in sophisticated AV and multi-room systems
- Powerful 16-bit Siemens microcontroller monitors and controls all amplifier functions
- Full remote control for optimal stereo and surround performance
- Sophisticated muting and loudspeaker protection system
- Five separate toroidal power transformers for the best clarity and 'punch'
- "Straight Line Technology" ensures the shortest, most accurate signal path Mixed technology construction - leaded components give the best audio quality, plus surface mount for fast, accurate digital control
- Massive power delivery - typically 5 x 120W into 8 Ohms, 5 x 160W into 4 Ohms, 5 x 190W into 2 Ohms for short periods
- Premium-grade audio components - Vishay resistors and Wima capacitors
- Flash Gold-plated Oxygen-free high purity copper (OFHC) loudspeaker terminals